I love reading about what others are doing in their libraries. I have several bookmarks of blogs and websites that I want to visit; however, they sadly sat untouched because the day-to-day busyness always took over. I tried putting blogs on an RSS feed through my email, but it was overwhelming to have additional messages and I was usually not in the mindset to want that information when going through my mail. So, I set out to search for a better alternative. After trying a few apps, I came across Pulse.
What I like…
- Pulse tells me when there is a new post, instead of to go to my favorites and visit each blog.
- I can organize my blogs into topic groups.
- I can order the blogs in the groups to put my favorites at the top.
- The blog posts don't disappear, they just fade so I know which posts I have read.
- I can "star" specific posts that I want to keep or refer to and they appear in the Saved Section.
- I can search Pulse for other blogs of interest.
- You can access Pulse on a variety of devices and operating systems.
- It puts the blogs next to each other and I can see which blogs are work keeping and which ones are not active or useful to me.
- Each Group has a 12 blog limit.